The class of a ship will be automatically suspended in the following cases:
- When the ship is operating beyond her restricted service area.
- When the Society considers that the ship is not complying with the Rules.
- When damage occurs to the ship to such an extent that impairs her class and is not repaired in accordance with the requirements of the Rules, or when alterations or conversions affecting her class are carried out, without the approval of the Society.
- When the ship proceeds to sea with less freeboard than that assigned, or when the freeboard marks on the ship sides are placed higher than the assigned position.
- When the ship is not subjected to the surveys required for maintaining the class.
- In case of overdue recommendations or conditions of Class
- In consequence of a request from the Owners or in the event of non-payment of fees.
For a ship whose class has been suspended, the Society will consider that her class may be reinstated after the causes of suspension are removed.
When class of a vessel has been suspended for a 6 month period as a result of overdue surveys, recommendations or conditions of class, the class will be withdrawn.